Senior Software Engineer
SF Bay Area
YotaScale is the pioneer in AI-powered Cloud Infrastructure Management. It empowers CloudOps and DevOps teams to effectively optimize around cost, performance, and availability considerations in real time. As a Senior Software Engineer for YotaScale, you will build and scale YotaScale's data platform and pipelines. You will work with engineering and ML teams to deploy their code, provide operational support for or new and existing applications and debugging production issues. You will contribute directly by helping deliver our product to some of the most technically sophisticated customers in the world. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the future of cloud infrastructure with the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence.
The organization: Data Platform
The Data Platform team's mission is to build our high-scale data pipelines. The team charter is (1) develop, improve, and deploy highly scalable distributed data pipelines that ingest, analyze, and store billions of time-series metrics and events to our downstream storage and analytics services; (2) ensure the system delivers high throughput and low latency to enable the delivery of highly available, resilient, and durable services; and (3) build and maintain our real-time data processing streams and frameworks (Spark).
- You will lead technical projects end-to-end to build robust, scalable systems from scratch and collaborate well with other software engineers in diagnosing, fixing, and preventing production issues
- You will actively work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Teams to develop new features throughout the platform, and maintain and enhance existing functionality.
- You will identify and resolve performance, scalability and data integrity issues
- You will review developers' code, provide feedback and develop team knowledge
- You will set and maintain a high-quality bar in hiring, architecture, application stability and performance, and code hygiene
- A distributed computation engine capable of handling ad hoc analysis requests while scaling to accommodate varying loads
- A data ingestion pipeline that can receive, analyze, and annotate millions of events/day
- A reliable testing infrastructure for validating both the computational and interactive components of our products repeatedly
- An experimental platform for quantifying ML algorithms across changes in platform, libraries, and techniques
- Packaged delivery and deployment of customized microservice architectures
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience with consumer-facing/external facing products, including 2+ years of proven experience building REST APIs and microservices based applications
- Proficiency with Java, Python, Bash, Postgres, Hadoop, Redis
- Experience with Kubernetes, memcache, docker, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Hive, and Spark is a huge plus
- Experience with a major cloud provider AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Deployment of scalable web systems with architectural requirements for high availability, highly secure high throughput, low response time, etc.
- Emphasis on writing clear, readable, testable, deployable, monitored code for server-side applications
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- An inherent drive to tackle problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment
What We Offer
- Energetic, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Tackle problems for real customers with global name recognition
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance benefits for little cost to employees and their family
- Save money for retirement by participating in our 401(k)
- Monthly stipend to cover gym and fitness membership and commuter cost
- Dedicated learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week minimum)
- Weekly team lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Great Menlo Park location close to the Caltrain station, Dumbarton bridge, Hwy 101, Palo Alto downtown and Stanford University.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.