Product Data Scientist
The internet is broken.
Yes, we have access to more information than ever before, but too often, hate and misinformation win. What if we could remake the internet into a place of trust, kindness, and facts? And what if we had technology to actually help us through complex decisions?
You.com is on a mission to build a better internet, and to get there we are experimenting with radically new ways to help our users confidently make better decisions. It’s an audacious goal, but we’re ambitious people. We’re looking for a few more ambitious folks to join the founding team.
We’re not just wide-eyed dreamers – we’re pragmatic doers, too. Our founder and CEO, Richard Socher previously started an AI company called MetaMind. Salesforce acquired the company, and Richard became Chief Scientist, leading the company’s AI efforts. Prior to MetaMind, Richard received the best PhD thesis award from Stanford for his groundbreaking work on deep learning. Bryan McCann, co-founder and CTO, is a scientist and philosopher who led natural language processing teams at Salesforce after completing his Masters in CS at Stanford. Our founding team members have built companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars and scaled software to serve millions of users. For fun, we run marathons, paramotor, write poetry, read Latin, hike, and camp in the middle of nowhere.
If this sounds intriguing, say hello!
About the Job
We are hiring a world-class product data scientist to help us understand our users and delight them with a wonderful search experience.
You will work closely with our product team and the founders to analyze user data, and help us make data-driven decisions on our product roadmap.
To succeed at this job you need to have data science experience as well as an understanding of user behavior and customer development.
- You are skilled with SQL and No-SQL databases and can extract data from multiple sources.
- You are familiar with Python and can leverage it when necessary.
- You have experience with A/B testing, experiment design and execution.
- Your knowledge of statistics is solid and you know how to extract insights from data.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and low data scenarios where quantitative methods need to be complemented by qualitative research.
- You can execute with minimal supervision and drive an experiment forward from hypothesis to conclusions.
- You are a kind, friendly person and strive to create a kind, inclusive work place filled with smiles
- You take and give feedback graciously as part of growing individually and as a team
- You will take joy in collaborative brainstorming and proposing novel extensions
- You want to play an active role throughout the process of gather insights from our users
- You are always willing to learn what you do not know
- You are dependable and take pride in your work
- You enjoy jumping in to help others with whatever part of the product they are building
- You want to be part of defining and building a team around a vision and technology that has a direct path to improving the daily lives of people all over the world
- You have a strong portfolio, whether it is a collection of professional, academic, or personal projects taking the form of production code, published papers, or open source contributions
More about You.com
You.com is an equal opportunity employer: your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status don’t matter. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace that is effectively distributed around the world.
We're a remote-first company, but work hours are generally within the Pacific Timezone (7 hours behind UTC). We get together in-person regularly as a team, but as long as your able to maintain significant overlap with Pacific hours during the workday we're comfortable hiring in almost any location (location-specific legal requirements permitting).
• Competitive salary and equity
• Great health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
• 401(k) plan
• Unlimited time off (4+ weeks encouraged annually)
• Generous parental leave
• Flexible work hours