The internet is broken.
Yes, we have access to more information than ever before, but too often, hate and misinformation win. What if we could remake the internet into a place of trust, kindness, and facts? And what if we had technology to actually help us through complex decisions?
You.com is on a mission to build a better internet, and to get there we are experimenting with radically new ways to help our users confidently make better decisions. It’s an audacious goal, but we’re ambitious people. We’re looking for a few more ambitious folks to join the founding team.
We’re not just wide-eyed dreamers – we’re pragmatic doers, too. Our founder and CEO, Richard Socher previously started an AI company called MetaMind. Salesforce acquired the company, and Richard became Chief Scientist, leading the company’s AI efforts. Prior to MetaMind, Richard received the best PhD thesis award from Stanford for his groundbreaking work on deep learning. Bryan McCann, co-founder and CTO, is a scientist and philosopher who led natural language processing teams at Salesforce after completing his Masters in CS at Stanford. Our founding team members have built companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars and scaled software to serve millions of users. For fun, we run marathons, paramotor, write poetry, read Latin, hike, and camp in the middle of nowhere.
If this sounds intriguing, say hello!
About the Job
We’re looking for an incredible Product Manager to work closely with the founding team to shape our product vision and build the next defining Internet company.
Working in a young startup, you’ll need to be comfortable formulating and testing hypotheses with sparse data – while also taking a methodical and rigorously analytical approach when data is available. A deeply empathetic person, you enjoy spending time on user research. You can follow your intuition and natural curiosity with minimal direction, and when you uncover insights you articulate your thoughts clearly, weaving actionable and compelling narratives.
You’re equipped with a toolbox of wisdom from a career spent contemplating consumer behavior, and you elevate the strategic thinking and thought processes of the rest of the team. Pragmatic and self-reliant, you’re able to own the user research process end-to-end: from user interviews to testing hypotheses with product prototypes. Finally, you deeply resonate with our vision to build a new internet on trust, kindness, facts, and empathy.
You may be a fit for this role if several of these statements resonate with you (no worries - not all need to resonate):
- You’re electrified by the possibilities and challenges of applying artificial intelligence to the consumer internet
- You’ve held a senior product management role on a product team at a consumer-facing tech company serving a global user base
- You have a working knowledge of prototyping tools (like Figma and Adobe Creative Suite)
- You are conversant in the core concepts relevant to deep learning and natural language processing techniques
- You have a background in search, eCommerce, or AI
- You’ve helped an early-stage consumer company find product/market fit
- You understand how to collect data from users for experimental features using tools like Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- You are always willing to learn what you do not know in order to bring the best new features to the product
- You will take joy in collaborative brainstorming and proposing novel extensions
- You are excited by the idea of iterating with designers and AI experts as part of a tight user-validated feedback loop
- You enjoy strategizing around a roadmap and project management system that decomposes long-term, complex problems into manageable, weekly sprints
- You are passionate about a scientific approach to product development and across all parts of the organization
- You want to be part of defining and building a team around a vision that has a direct path to improving the daily lives of people all over the world
More about You.com
You.com is an equal opportunity employer: your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status don’t matter. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace that is effectively distributed around the world.
We're a remote-first company, but work hours are generally within the Pacific Timezone (7 hours behind UTC). We get together in-person regularly as a team, but as long as your able to maintain significant overlap with Pacific hours during the workday we're comfortable hiring in almost any location (location-specific legal requirements permitting).
• Competitive salary and equity
• Great health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
• 401(k) plan
• Unlimited time off (4+ weeks encouraged annually)
• Generous parental leave
• Flexible work hours