Manager, Community & Developer Experience
Marketing – Community Development
You.i TV is looking for a Manager, Community & Developer Experience to lead the evolution of a developer experience. As part of our growing Developer Relations team, the role encompasses three core mandates:
1. Content Management (including the information architecture and content strategy of our core developer points of interaction along with the curation of detailed technical documentation, samples, tutorials, cookbooks, guides, etc);
2. Community Management (including developer interaction and channel moderation); and
Keeping a pulse on, and actioning, our community feedback and sentiment.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will work with Product, Marketing, Services, and Customer Success to ensure the best experience for developers looking to discover, evaluate, learn and, ultimately, use our tools. The ideal candidate is comfortable in the developer community, with experience in coding, architecture, and collaboration. From tutorials and samples to FAQs and guides, you know what a developer needs to evaluate, discover, and build using an SDK for cross-platform app development. You will bring together You.i’s host of developer tools and resources to ensure our community shines.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Do)
- Play a key role in developing the outward-facing developer experience in conjunction with our developer relations team, from content to tooling.
- Own the information architecture for the You.i TV developer portal - based on industry best practices.
- Identify the ideal tech stack for the developer portal - including CMS as well collaboration and support tools for evaluators and customers alike.
- Work with Marketing, Developer Relations, and Customer Success to ensure consistency of brand experience through the developer journey - from evaluation to customer advocacy.
- Drive the developer content strategy in support of our developer journey. This includes evaluating current content and assets against industry best practices and building a plan to close the gap.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to keep up with the latest product developments and co-author stories that onboard and support developers.
- Facilitate conversation and moderation across the developer experience.
Qualifications (What You’ll Need)
- 5 + years of experience in a content strategy or related role.
- 10 + years working in technical communications as an Info Architect, Technical Writer, or other related roleExperience architecting, building, and managing a centralized developer portal that encompasses a number of cross-functional toolsets and channels.
- Experience working with software development tools and processes, including JIRA, GitHub, StackOverflow, and others Experience with technical content development, including publishing via CMS and optimizing content for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experience managing a small to mid-sized team in a dynamic environment.
- Bonus: Experience working with and documenting multi-platform software products (React Native, C++, or others), or compiler tools.