IT Support Specialist
G&A – IT
As a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient, AON Hewitt Best Employer, and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way that viewers experience TV across mobile, tablet and streaming devices. Interested in building the future of TV? We’re actively recruiting an IT Support Specialist to join our IT team. As a member of the You.i TV IT team, you will play a key role in the day to day support, administration and maintenance of mission critical infrastructure systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing desktop support for You.i TV’s employees, both on-site and remote
- Ensuring stability and security of network and desktop hardware and software by reviewing, reporting and installing appropriate patches.
- Communicating effectively and working with the IT Infrastructure team to deliver on IT projects and initiatives.
- Communicating and working efficiently with various hardware and software vendors.
- Recommending changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Participating in IT planning, release, review and technical meetings.
- Demonstrating troubleshooting skills while paying special attention to details.
- Advising IT management of incidents, outages, progress and associated requirements/approaches to escalation or resolution.
- Researching and implementing new and existing technologies in conformance with business and security objectives.
- Reviewing and estimating capacity and resource requirements for systems to ensure IT continually meets business objectives.
- Ad-hoc after-hours support (Occasional weekends).
- Reviewing systems and security logs.
What you bring to the table
- A minimum of a 1-2 years work experience
- A college or university diploma/degree
- Proven experience with the installation, operation and management of operating systems like Microsoft Windows, MacOS and/or Linux (Ubuntu) OS’s.
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLAN’s, VoIP, Radius, etc.
- Ability to work independently on project tasks or operational issues but act as a key member of the IT team.
- Strong technical communication, organizational, documentation, research and troubleshooting skills.
- A passion for putting the customer first, listening, understanding and resolving issues as well as an ability to use non-technical language to communicate technical ideas.
Additional desired qualifications
- Certification(s) such as Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, Cisco CCNP, CCNA, VMware VCP, ITIL, A+, etc.
- Experience with management and support of network infrastructure hardware (Routers, Wired switches, Wireless access points, Firewalls, etc.)
- Familiar with the administration of various cloud technologies such as Google Apps for Enterprise (G-Suite), Office 365, AWS, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with creating and maintaining scripts or applications for process automation (ie. Powershell, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with managing/maintaining VoIP PBX platforms
- Experience in working with vendors to support mission critical problem escalation and resolution issues.
- Familiar with various mobile device (iOS/Android handsets/tablets) and `10 foot` platforms (Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, XBox, PS4, etc)
- Experience with virtual platforms such as VMware/Hyper-V/AWS/Azure
- Familiar with source control platforms and CI (GitHub, Jenkins, etc)
What we can offer you
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work the latest and greatest in technological advancements.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Bottomless coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a wall full of snacks.
- A weekly workout session with a sought after bootcamp instructor
- Weekly yoga and meditation to stay zen - namaste
- Weekly Salsa lessons that will surely put some pep in your step
- Want to hear more? Check out our employee handbook.
Distribution is the name of the game. TV & Media companies are in a race to reach as many viewers as possible on screens of all shapes and sizes. Which is why brands such as A+E Networks, AT&T, WarnerMedia, NBA, Warner Brothers, National Geographic, and Fox have already turned to You.i TV to develop and deploy their suite of TV applications.
You.i TV welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.