Senior Data Scientist (M/F)
Paris, France /
Risk & Data – Data Science /
A leading Pan European lending and payment (“Buy Now Pay Later” solutions) platform in Europe, Younited has granted over 3Bn€ loans to 500k+ households since inception in December 2011 across five countries (France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Portugal), has over 1Bn€ Asset under Management and generates over 40m€ revenues in 2020.
Launched as a pure B2C platform in December 2011, Younited has been developing since December 2018 its B2B solutions, under the brand Younited Business Solutions, allowing financial institutions and e-merchants to offer its solutions to their clients.
Its advanced scoring and credit underwriting technologies allow to offer the easiest and fastest 100% online credit / “Buy Now Pay Later” application. As part of these technologies, Younited is the undisputable leader in Europe on leveraging PSD2 / open banking enabled banking transactional data in its risk & scoring technologies.
Younited is the only European lending and payment platform to be fully authorized and regulated as a Credit Institution. Its innovative refinancing model allows professional qualified investors (both individuals and legal entities: companies, insurers, foundations, pension funds, etc.) to directly finance consumer loans (see below for further details).
The company has raised more than 330m€ in equity since launch, has passported its license in 10 countries (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Poland, Romania, Belgium, Netherlands and Austria) and employs c. 500 staff in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Lisboa and Berlin – of which 160+ in the fields of data science, engineering and software development.
Younited BtoB activity is growing thanks to two types of partnership offers:
- Younited, designed for banks, fintechs and insurers who wish to develop or improve a credit actity
- Younited Pay, designed for retailers, telcos, e-merchands who wish to offer to their customers the simplest method to pay in instalments
N26, Free, Bpifrance, Orange Bank, Fortuneo, Lydia & Microsoft already trust us and several partnerships are about to be launched.
As part of its continued growth and development, Younited is now looking to add a new senior data scientist to its team.
The datascience team is responsible for the improvement & automatization of the decision-making over risk, operations, and budget coaching. Reporting to the lead data scientist, and working closely with the data engineering & data analytics teams, you will be in charge of:
🚀 Your Missions
- What you will do
· Training new machine learning algorithm for Younited to continue improving its decision system, especially in the field of credit scoring & fraud detection
· Ensuring the deployment of models to production in cooperation with tech teams & building the tools to monitor them
· Managing data scientists
· Contributing to the development of the data science team by participating to internal hackathons, brow bag seminars, and innovative POCs
· Collaborating on innovative projects with major companies in the data science fields including Google, Microsoft, and other start-ups
🐯 Your Profile
- What you will need
· Engineering background or similar with a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field (statistics, machine learning or mathematics)
· 5+ years of experience
· Excellent skills in SQL & Python
· Energetic, enthusiast, rigorous, team player
· Previous experience in the field of image processing and/or reinforcement learning is a plus
· Prior experience in a start-up environment is a plus
🎁 Benefits to join Younited ?
· Localization in the center of Paris (Notre-Dame de Lorette, Paris 9ème)
· A very strong company culture
· An on-boarding tailored made to simplify your integration and meet all the teams
· Monthly events (sport tournaments, conferences, afterworks …)
· 1 day per year offered to do volunteer work in an association
· A Younitour (our company seminar) unforgettable (the last were at Ibiza, or in Sicilia ;))
· Remote policy (8 days per month)