Product Owner - Risk (F/M)
Paris, France /
Tech – Product Owner /
At Younited, we believe money allows people to purchase goods & services and realize their dreams, but today’s banking products are opaque & overly complex.
Here, we leverage innovation & cutting-edge technology to redefine lending and payment practices, to provide exceptional user experience
More than a million customers already had access to our instant, simple & transparent credit, and we are just getting started.
We both provide credit & payment solutions directly to consumers (Younited Credit / Younited Pay) & via partners (banks, fintech & insurers who wish to develop consumer loan activities and retailers, telcos, e-merchants who wish to offer their customers the simplest method to pay in several times). We also provide budget optimization solutions through “Younited Coach” to all consumers willing to receive personalized recommendations.
Our mission is to become your trusted financial partner. In this respect, our strategy aims at promoting more transparency and more inclusiveness to help you achieve financial wellbeing.
We have initiated a B-Corp certification process, our social and environmental impact being at the heart of our strategic concerns.
So join Younited, the leading instant credit provider for the e‐economy in Europe! Be part of an amazing adventure that is only at its beginning…
Some key figures about Younited group:
· Younited operates in 5 European countries and generates nearly 50% of its business outside France.
· The company has raised more than 330m€ in equity since launch.
· Younited employs more than c. 550 Younies in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Munich.
Younited is already trusted by prestigious E-merchant and Digital Bank partners among which Free, Bouygues Telecom, Orange Bank, Microsoft, Bpifrance, Apple, N26, Fortuneo and Lydia.
Our 5 corporate values drive our daily job:
· Make it simple: At every level of the customer experience, the organization. Be transparent.
· Act as an entrepreneur: Take ownership, work in teams. Dare to try, accept to fail.
· Innovate or die: Challenge the status quo, no matter how impossible it seems.
· Faster is better: Value speed over perfection. Be aligned on priorities.
· No limit: Shot for the moon, stay humble.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work.
We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our customers and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
At Younited, the quality of the collaboration between the Product Manager and the Product Owner is one of the keys to success: the Product Manager defines the strategic priorities of the product along with the KPIs to measure its success, whereas the Product Owner oversees the delivery of the products and the prioritization of the associated backlog.
Our hyper growth ambition led us to look for a new Product Owner for our Offer Product Team within the Risk Domain. The team (or “YounIT”) is in charge of calculating the eligibility of credit demands in regards of pricing rules and the catalogue of insurance products.
In daily collaboration with your developers you will drive the implementation of new high-value business products with the aim of revolutionizing the finance world of tomorrow!
Along with the pricing of the actual loans, insurances represent an important part of Younited’s revenues. Your Product Team is in charge of both of these products which are used by all countries where Younited operates, as well as for all our B2B partnerships. So, you will work closely with the all business units in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal & Germany
Your responsabilities :
- Build a Long-Term vision of your Products together with the Product Manager, your Team, and your Stakeholders #TeamPlayer
- Deliver constant added value for your Stakeholders, thanks to small achievements #FastIsBetter
- Build and maintain your multi-product roadmap in collaboration with the Product Manager:
- Assist the Pricing Managers in the configuration of the pricing grids
- Work in close collaboration with all the YounITs #Communication
- Participate in the weekly meetings of strategic projects and give updates on progress
- Drive the implementation of changes (leading the team, following up the tasks left to be done, reporting)
- Maintain the backlog
- Drive the correction of production bugs
- Challenge business needs and technical solutions
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in our weekly Product Owner Community sessions
- Follow delivery KPI and identify opportunities for improvement
o Analyse and specify the requirements for the team in an international environment and guarantee a coherence between the products
o Identify dependencies and impacts
o Estimate the effort with the rest of the team
o Breakdown and plan their development depending on team development capacity
o Update the roadmap
o Communicate and mitigate risks
o The backlog should be prioritised in coherence with the business and technical objectives
o The user stories should be detailed according to priority in the backlog
o Create the user stories and acceptance criteria
About your profile
- You have a master's degree from an Engineering or Business School (specialised in Project Management) or a university equivalent,
- It has been at least 5 years since you have left the school benches behind you, but you have been flourishing in similar jobs since then (Product Owner, Application Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager in an agile working environment, etc),
- You are at ease in an international working environment and with working in English (presentations, discussing requirements, giving feedback on issues…),
- You have a significant experience in dealing with multiple projects/change implementation in parallel as well as maintaining a production environment at the same time,
- You have a significant experience working with API and microservices architecture: it is mostly backend with Offer,
- You have an appetite for user experience and front end to make price management much easier,
- The words « Simplification » and « Prioritisation » are part of your vocabulary and allow you to create and maintain efficient good quality products,
- You have an iterative approach to product development,
- You like being in contact and interacting with different partners, even the most demanding of them,
- You like creating and imagining original solutions to complex problems,
- For you, being agile is a lifestyle choice; you like to reunite your family every morning for a stand-up breakfast (#StandUpMeeting),
- You like a challenge (having ran a marathon with your feet tied together whilst blindfolded could come in useful!),
- You are driven by the dynamics of a start-up, and you have an entrepreneurial spirit,
- Needless to say, you are cool, nice, open minded and have a sharp critical mind.
🤝 About your manager
- His background ? Felipe joined Younited 1,5 year ago. Before that he worked for 10 years as Business Analyst, Project Manager and Product Owner mainly in Capital Markets and Derivatives industry. Today, he's Lead Product Owner of Risk domain & he is in charge to manage & coach the product owner of the domain and coordinate the delivery process of risk products.
- His vision about the ways of working at Younited and the role? He is convinced that you will find a safe environment to take risks and make decisions. More precisely, working in the Risk domain you'll be in the heart of Younited solutions and the innovative process. As your manager, his role is to accompany you and unblock the roads to success ! Go ahead ! :)
👥 Recruitment process
- A first video chat with Camille, our Lead Talent Acquisition, to get to know each other and tell you more about Younited, our corporate culture & values (30’),
- A video chat with Mhorag, our Principal Product Owner Master and Felipe, our Product Owner Risk Domain (60’),
- A meeting with Clément, PM Risk & Alexis , Lead dév Risk (60'),
- A meeting with members of your future team in order to give you a complete overview of your daily life ! (60’).
🎁 Other benefits from joining Younited ?
- Offices in the center of Paris (9th)
- An international work environment and the opportunity to do a mission in one of our international offices (Barcelona, Munich, Roma)
- An entrepreneurship mindset and a teamwork spirit
- An individualized managerial and HR support during onboarding and throughout the Younited journey
- A continuous learning environment with the opportunity to take individual and collective trainings and "Friday workshops" in Tech department
- A particular attention to the work/life balance
- Support for young parents, including the opportunity of being part-time the week of return to the office
- The opportunity of getting involved throughout the year with associations as well as an annual offered solidarity day
- A flexible remote policy: from 8 days of remote per month to almost full remote for Tech (minimum 4 days at the office per month)
- 33 days of paid leave
- Luncheon voucher card
- Snacks and fruit baskets twice a week
- Team buildings in France, internationally and within your team
Younited is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.