Product Owner - Data (F/M)
Paris, France /
Tech – Product Owner /
At Younited, we believe money allows people to purchase goods & services and realize their dreams, but today’s banking products are opaque & overly complex.
Here, we leverage innovation & cutting-edge technology to redefine lending and payment practices, to provide exceptional user experience
More than a million customers already had access to our instant, simple & transparent credit, and we are just getting started.
We both provide credit & payment solutions directly to consumers (Younited Credit / Younited Pay) & via partners (banks, fintech & insurers who wish to develop consumer loan activities and retailers, telcos, e-merchants who wish to offer their customers the simplest method to pay in several times). We also provide budget optimization solutions through “Younited Coach” to all consumers willing to receive personalized recommendations.
Our mission is to become your trusted financial partner. In this respect, our strategy aims at promoting more transparency and more inclusiveness to help you achieve financial wellbeing.
We have initiated a B-Corp certification process, our social and environmental impact being at the heart of our strategic concerns.
So join Younited, the leading instant credit provider for the e‐economy in Europe! Be part of an amazing adventure that is only at its beginning…
Some key figures about Younited group:
· Younited operates in 5 European countries and generates nearly 50% of its business outside France.
· The company has raised more than 330m€ in equity since launch.
· Younited employs more than c. 550 Younies in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Munich.
Younited is already trusted by prestigious E-merchant and Digital Bank partners among which Free, Bouygues Telecom, Orange Bank, Microsoft, Bpifrance, Apple, N26, Fortuneo and Lydia.
Our 5 corporate values drive our daily job:
· Make it simple: At every level of the customer experience, the organization. Be transparent.
· Act as an entrepreneur: Take ownership, work in teams. Dare to try, accept to fail.
· Innovate or die: Challenge the status quo, no matter how impossible it seems.
· Faster is better: Value speed over perfection. Be aligned on priorities.
· No limit: Shot for the moon, stay humble.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work.
We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our customers and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Our hyper growth ambition led us to look for a new Product Owner for our Data Engineer Team. This Team gather datafrom all team for Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Product team, Marketing team, Risk team, Ops team and help them to be data driven and pilot their activities.
At Younited, the quality of the collaboration between the Product Manager and the Product Owner is one of the keys to success: the Product Manager defines the strategic priorities of the product along with the KPIs to measure its success, whereas the Product Owner oversees the delivery of the products and the prioritization of the associated backlog and drives the implementation of new high-value products.
Talking about your future products :
- Inhouse ELT based on python
- Datalakeon a on a Hadoop architecture
- Datawarehouse on GCP
- Data extraction for specific credit bureau and marketing tools
In this context, here is your mission as a Product Owner (should you choose to accept it):
🚀 Your Missions
- Build a Long-Term vision on your Products together with the Product Manager, your Team, and your Stakeholders #TeamPlayer
- Deliver constant added value to your Stakeholders, thanks to small achievements #FastIsBetter
- Better you know that if you think “it’s always better to deliver directly a Ferrari instead of small increments with big added value quickly” that will not do!
- Build and maintain your multi-product roadmap in collaboration with the Product Manager:
- Analyse and specify the requirements for the team
- Estimate the effort with the rest of the team
- Breakdown and plan their development depending on team development capacity
- Update the roadmap
- Work in close collaboration with all the YounITs #Communication
- Drive the implementation of changes (leading the team, following up the tasks left to be done, reporting)
- Maintain the backlog
- Drive the correction of production bugs
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in our weekly Product Owner Community sessions
🤩 Your profile
- You have a master's degree from an Engineering School or a university equivalent
- It has been at least 5 years since you have left the school benches behind you, but you have been flourishing in similar jobs since then (Technical projects Manager, Application Manager or Product Owner on a data scope, Project Manager in an agile working environment, Scrum Master, former developer)
- You have practiced facilitation tasks
- You have described technical topics and used a simple word for it
- You have prioritized technical features and user stories (not business topics)
- You have managed to read this job advert without the help of a translator
- You are interested in the “data” world
- You’re familiar with a data architecture
- SQL is your second language, and you dream about dashboard and KPI
- US is not just a country West of the Atlantic for you
- You remain happy when people talk about data quality
- For you, being agile is a lifestyle choice; you like to reunite your family every morning for a stand-up breakfast (#StandUpMeeting)
- You don’t just think, but you analyze
- You think the Continuous Improvement is useful to build a great Team
- The words « Simplification » and « Prioritization » are part of your vocabulary and allow you to
- Create and maintain efficient good quality products
- Needless to say, you are cool, nice, open minded and have a sharp critical mind
- You like challenges !
- You are driven by the dynamics of a start-up, and you have an entrepreneurial spirit
👥 Recruitment process
A first video chat with Edona, one of our Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know each other and tell you more about Younited, our corporate culture & values (30’)
A video chat with Thomas Parisot, our Product Owner Master (60’)
A meeting with members of your future team in order to give you a complete overview of your daily life ! (60’)
🎁 Other benefits from joining Younited ?
- Offices in the center of Paris (9th)
- An international work environment and the opportunity to do a mission in one of our international offices (Barcelona, Munich, Roma)
- An entrepreneurship mindset and a teamwork spirit
- An individualized managerial and HR support during onboarding and throughout the Younited journey
- A continuous learning environment with the opportunity to take individual and collective trainings and "Friday workshops" in Tech department
- A particular attention to the work/life balance
- Support for young parents, including the opportunity of being part-time the week of return to the office
- The opportunity of getting involved throughout the year with associations via the solidarity engagement platform “Vendredi” as well as an annual offered solidarity day
- A flexible remote policy: from 8 days of remote per month with 2 weeks of full remote per year to almost full remote for Tech (minimum 4 days at the office per month)
- 29 days of paid leave
- Luncheon voucher card
- Snacks and fruit baskets twice a week
- Team buildings in France, internationally (the famous YouniTour) and within your team
Younited is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.