Credit Risk Manager
Risk & Pricing – Risk & Pricing /
Full Time /
At Younited, we believe money allows people to purchase goods & services and realize their dreams, but today’s banking products are opaque & overly complex. Here, we leverage innovation & cutting-edge technology to redefine lending and payment practices, to provide exceptional user experience.
We both provide credit & payment solutions directly to consumers (Younited Credit / Younited Pay) & via partners (banks, fintech, insurers, retailers, telcos, e-merchants) and our mission is to become your trusted financial partner.
Prestigious E-merchant and Digital Bank among which Apple, Microsoft, Orange Bank, Free, Bouygues Telecom, Bpifrance, N26, Fortuneo and Lydia have already chosen Younited as preferred partner.
Some key figures about us:
Younited operates in 5 European countries, generating nearly 50% of its business outside France.
The company has raised more than 330m€ in equity since launch.
Younited employs more than c. 550 Younies in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Munich.
More than 1 million customers already had access to our instant, simple & transparent credit (and we are just getting started).
We have initiated a B-Corp certification process, our social and environmental impact being at the heart of our strategic concerns. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our customers and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
On the role…
As a Credit Risk Manager, you will be reporting to the Finance and Revenue Director and playing a critical role in our organization by evaluating and mitigating credit risk to ensure the stability and (hyper)growth of our different business lines: partnerships, Direct to Consumer, payment solutions.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including tech, marketing, and product, based in Barcelona, Lisbon, or Paris, to implement innovative solutions for risk management.
You will have a high level of autonomy and will be responsible for the development & implementation of the company's risk strategy in Portugal and Spain, ensuring that we deliver on our business plan for both countries.
💪Your responsibilities will be...
- Define and steer the decision-making strategy, knowing how to be pragmatic and short-termist but also visionary.
- Monitor the origination, risk and cost levels of the credit portfolios and propose appropriate optimization plans (i.e carrying out impact or scenario analysis).
- Interact daily with the Business, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure that their processes and objectives allow for optimal management of origination levels, risk and operational and marketing costs.
- Participate in the management of the projects resulting from the decisions you will have validated upstream.
- Participate in building the International Credit Strategy Management team.
- In collaboration with our international teams, develop innovative risk and recovery optimization tools and statistical analysis methods for monitoring performance.
- Act as an ambassador of the projects to internal (Comex, CEO countries) and external stakeholders (Investors, Shareholders, Regulators, B2B Partners)
- Provide guidance and support to the broader organization on risk management best practices and processes.
👀 with an eye toward…
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience background from consulting, investment banking, fintech/payments company, retail e-commerce or other high growth organization with operational experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex risk concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Team player: Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong focus on collaboration and problem-solving.
- Curious nature: never accepting of assumptions and a desire to fully understand how things work.
- Attitude: Positive, solution-oriented, growth mindset, and leadership. Hunger to take ownership of business problems and drive your personal development. Capacity to build consensus across multiple teams.
We offer a dynamic and exciting work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Our team is made up of motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact in the world of finance. We believe in a culture of transparency, open communication, and collaboration, and we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and be part of a rapidly growing fintech company, we want to hear from you! Apply now and join our mission to revolutionize the financial industry!