Credit Portfolio Manager (F/M)
Paris, France /
Risk & Data – Credit Portfolio Management /
At Younited, we believe money allows people to purchase goods & services and realize their dreams, but today’s banking products are opaque & overly complex.
Here, we leverage innovation & cutting-edge technology to redefine lending and payment practices, to provide exceptional user experience
More than a million customers already had access to our instant, simple & transparent credit, and we are just getting started.
We both provide credit & payment solutions directly to consumers (Younited Credit / Younited Pay) & via partners (banks, fintech & insurers who wish to develop consumer loan activities and retailers, telcos, e-merchants who wish to offer their customers the simplest method to pay in several times). We also provide budget optimization solutions through “Younited Coach” to all consumers willing to receive personalized recommendations.
Our mission is to become your trusted financial partner. In this respect, our strategy aims at promoting more transparency and more inclusiveness to help you achieve financial wellbeing.
We have initiated a B-Corp certification process, our social and environmental impact being at the heart of our strategic concerns.
So join Younited, the leading instant credit provider for the e‐economy in Europe! Be part of an amazing adventure that is only at its beginning…
Some key figures about Younited group:
· Younited operates in 5 European countries and generates nearly 50% of its business outside France.
· The company has raised more than 330m€ in equity since launch.
· Younited employs more than c. 550 Younies in Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Munich.
Younited is already trusted by prestigious E-merchant and Digital Bank partners among which Free, Bouygues Telecom, Orange Bank, Microsoft, Bpifrance, Apple, N26, Fortuneo and Lydia.
Our 5 corporate values drive our daily job:
· Make it simple: At every level of the customer experience, the organization. Be transparent.
· Act as an entrepreneur: Take ownership, work in teams. Dare to try, accept to fail.
· Innovate or die: Challenge the status quo, no matter how impossible it seems.
· Faster is better: Value speed over perfection. Be aligned on priorities.
· No limit: Shot for the moon, stay humble.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work.
We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our customers and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Younited, a leading and rapidly growing fintech lender with presence in five countries, seeks a dynamic and proactive individual to join their Credit Portfolio management team. The Credit Portfolio management team supports the Company’s growth, primarily through the validation of Younited originate-to-distribute model.
You will join the Credit Portfolio Management team, within the Risk department, reporting directly to a Senior Credit Portfolio Manager.
The main team mission is to enable Younited to distribute its loan origination to external investors, and thus validate its originate-to-distribute model. We have currently distributed 70% of our origination to over 30 investors.
Given the strong growth and diversification of our origination (B2B2C, Buy Now Pay Later) as well as an evolving macroeconomic context (increasing interest rate, geopolitical tension), we are looking for an experienced individual to join us.
The team is involved in the whole origination process from the definition of underwriting standards to portfolio structuration & sales. Hence you will be highly involved in strategic projects with direct presentations to senior stakeholders (C-level) and strong collaboration with other teams (Capital market team, Data, Finance and business lines).
Your responsibilities :
- Engage in a portfolio sale from lead to closing,
- Perform regular updates on the macroeconomic context and define in collaboration with Bus, capital market, CRO, CFO and CEO the right return level for our funds,
- Promote scalability and automatise reporting, fund valuation and random selection process,
- Strong collaboration with Data Analyst and Data Engineering team.
- Define and defend risk appetite per country for B2C business and per partnership for B2B business,
- Lead risk discussions with our current partners (telco, banks, retail) and future ones,
- Strong collaboration with other risk teams to adapt underwriting rules to specific contexts,
- Project Younited Balance sheet for regulatory requirements (ICAAP, ILAAP) and for the business plan,
- Strong collaboration with Strategy team and Finance/ALM team.
- Leading performance discussion with top tier banks and asset managers,
- Providing key data to derive historical risk metrics,
- Assisting structurers into defining the most suitable approach (tranched/untranched, backbook, forward flow, etc),
- Calibrating homogeneous class of risk to rank our borrowers,
- Modelling borrowers’ behaviour (default, recovery, prepayment),
- Estimating future cost of risk,
- Calibrating lender rate and/or fees levels to ensure profitability of each business,
🤝 It's a match if ...
- You have a master’s degree in Engineering, Finance or related field,
- You have a first experience in a rating agency, bank, asset manager or consulting firm,
- You have good understanding of financial and credit risk modelling,
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills,
- You have strong attention to details and the ability to prioritize and manage several projects,
- You have interest for data (data visualization, reporting automation, SQL),
- You are proactive and autonomous.
👥 Recruitment process
- A first video chat with Camille, Lead Talent Acquisition, to get to know each other and tell you more about Younited, our corporate culture & values (30’),
- A video chat with Yacine, Credit Portfolio Manager (60’),
- A business case to be presented to one of team members (30’),
- A meeting with member of your future team in order to give you a complete overview of what your daily life ! (60’)
🎁 Other benefits from joining Younited ?
- Offices in the center of Paris (9th)
- An international work environment and the opportunity to do a mission in one of our international offices (Barcelona, Munich, Roma)
- An entrepreneurship mindset and a teamwork spirit
- An individualized managerial and HR support during onboarding and throughout the Younited journey
- A continuous learning environment with the opportunity to take individual and collective trainings and "Friday workshops" in Tech department
- A particular attention to the work/life balance
- Support for young parents, including the opportunity of being part-time the week of return to the office
- The opportunity of getting involved throughout the year with associations via the solidarity engagement platform “Vendredi” as well as an annual offered solidarity day
- A flexible remote policy: from 8 days of remote per month with 2 weeks of full remote per year to almost full remote for Tech (minimum 4 days at the office per month)
- 29 days of paid leave
- Luncheon voucher card
- Snacks and fruit baskets twice a week
- Team buildings in France, internationally (the famous YouniTour) and within your team
Younited is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.