Reconciliation & Billing Specialist
Mountain View, CA
The Reconciliation & Billing Specialist position is responsible for investigating and reconciling purchased automotive parts, as well as, generating customer invoices. The position plays an important role in keeping costs down and revenues up. Parts reconciliation is key to ensuring accurate reporting of parts costs, and also involves costs recovery on parts not used in service jobs.
Additional responsibilities include the full billing function for business customers and support with other special projects as needed. Due to the high level of automation, a good understanding of integrated computerized systems is required.
The position interacts with associates on all levels of the company (from parts purchasing to executive management), and therefore excellent oral and written communication skills are required. This position is part of Operations and works closely with Finance.
Responsibilities: Parts & Reconciliation
- Investigate purchases with insufficient Purchase Order (PO) details and match against correct POs.
- Analyze supplier charges with invalid POs for fraud.
- Reconcile parts not used on services and take appropriate actions such as applying charges to technicians or pursuing refunds from suppliers.
- Reply to mechanic inquiries related to parts returns / charges.
- Perform periodic supplier audits to validate mechanic parts never picked up.
- Work with parts suppliers & stores on following SOPs.
- Reconcile mechanic ledgers and identify fraudulent activity.
- Identify & target areas for continuous process improvements.
- Inform on business policies, pricing, and new product development.
Responsibilities: Billing & Collections
- Prepare and submit outgoing bills.
- Address billing and PO discrepancies with customers.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding balances.
- Manage collections process with a collection agency.
- Provide audit support for all annual financial audit requests as it relates to invoices.
- Own the credit card dispute function
- A.S. or B.S. in accounting or business related field is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Finance or Purchasing departments.
- Detail-oriented and self-directed with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with customers, mechanics and colleagues.
- Comfortable in a fast pace and highly automated environment and ability to drive continuous process improvements.