Community Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle were meticulously maintained for optimal performance and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We're making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
As our Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for building rapid, lasting customer growth through numerous inbound & outbound marketing channels. The ideal candidate is comfortable working for a fast pace startup and committed to doing whatever it takes to spread the YourMechanic mission!
- Be the voice of YourMechanic throughout the local communities.
- Network, connect, and partner with local startups, organizations, events, media, influencers and more to gain brand awareness and drive customer growth.
- Find the pulse of car owners in the city and identify new ways to get the YourMechanic experience in front of new customers.
- Help to manage and execute major PR launches, ensuring YourMechanic creates the biggest buzz in local media and among influencers
- Run data-driven marketing experiments to drive new customer growth and retention.
- Measure and track relevant community metrics/data to improve growth
- Use existing systems and develop relevant dashboards that provide insights and visualization into customer and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
- Strategize, plan, and execute local marketing and business development plans.
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook, Yelp and other relevant sites and actively participate in relevant discussions across communities, social networks and blogs.
- Manage and create engagement emails and social web content.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations teams to assist in intelligently scaling the business.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, community engagement, and/or PR.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or business administration.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills. Strong ability to clarify and summarize complex issues in all forms: written, conversational, negotiations, and presentations.
- Active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Ability to build and manage key relationships with a wide range of local partners and influencers.
- Successful track record in executing and managing a number of time-sensitive, cross-functional, and complex projects.
- Highly analytical, able to capture data and make actionable improvements
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Proficiency with analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Social Media Software experience ( ie. HootSuite, Zoho, SproutSocial)
- Exposure or interest in email marketing, email engagement
- Consumer PR and events experience nice to have