Public Relations & Communications Manager
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle were meticulously maintained for optimal performance, and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
YourMechanic is expanding nationwide and we are looking for a PR Manager. The PR Manager will own PR strategy, planning and execution. This is a unique opportunity to serve as the voice of the company and establish YourMechanic as the thought and practice leader in the auto industry. The PR Manager will conceive and create stories, pitch and persuade media contacts and influencers, and elevate the brand to national awareness.
- Creatively develop innovative ideas and strategies promoting the company/brand via feature stories, online and broadcast media.
- Must be willing to get into the trenches and be hands-on in executing the PR plan.
- Maintain unified messaging and positioning company-wide, along with corporate reputation and communication media strategies.
- Research and maintain pulse on auto industry trends, and collaborate with Marketing to develop a rich library of executive thought leadership pieces that can be pro-actively taken to market.
- Develop and maintain key tech and auto industry relationships.
- 3-5 years of PR experience, preferably at an agency that focuses on consumer startups.
- Powerful interpersonal skills. Superb ability in influencer communications, including building relationships and pitching stories, driven by a results-focused approach.
- Ability to build and manage key relationships with a wide range of local and national media contacts, including key reporters, editors, and analysts. Nationwide consumer PR experience a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills along with strong presentation and oral communication skills.
- Experience with web-based media tools such as Cision or Vocus and social media monitoring tools.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical and dental insurance
- 1/2 mile from San Antonio CalTrain station
- Unlimited vacation days and 8 paid holidays
- Daily lunch program, ample stock of snacks and beverages
Beyond the benefits listed above, we offer an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($150B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to live a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.
YourMechanic is backed by Ashton Kutcher, Y Combinator, founders of YouTube, Zynga, Warby-Parker, and Delicious, and venture funds like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and SoftBank. We won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2012.