Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Pune, India or Remote /
YourMechanic is expanding its innovative Mobile Auto Repair Platform nationwide and we are looking for software engineers who, like Mechanics, enjoy looking 'under the hood' to design and innovate across our entire product spectrum, As part of our engineering team you will be working intimately with both the low level parts of our back-end system as well as the user facing front-end. Our back-end implements some of the most complex modules of our system, including our instant pricing engine that is capable of producing car repair and maintenance cost estimates across multitudes of combinations of cars and services. If you are excited about solving challenging problems and helping to bring a disruptive new approach to the auto repair industry, we would love to hear from you!
Our Development Stack
- Ruby on Rails for back end.
- PostgreSQL DB, with Redis for in-memory caching.
- Angular/React for web clients
- Flutter for Customer Android/iOS Apps
- Java for Android app.
- Redshift + Ruby on Rails for Analytics infrastructure pipeline.
- Special purpose modules in NodeJS, GoLang and Java/Tomcat.
- Hosted on Amazon Web Services
What We're Looking For
- An expert at maintaining cloud infrastructure. Experience in AWS preferred
- Deep knowledge of Linux OS and networking concepts
- Experience working across various application teams to budget requirements for infrastructure
- Experience automating infrastructure maintenance through Terraform / Ansible preferred
- Administer, monitor, upgrade all production computer operating systems.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal performance and maintain records of service level agreements for production systems as well as customer agreed upon SLA’s.
- Design, implement and ensure efficient maintenance and compliance with all disaster recovery plans.
- Perform appropriate tests and provide training to upgrade product quality and standardize all artifacts.
- Assist technical staff to check and ensure resolution of all issues to achieve objectives.
- Administer all spheres of OC physical planning, provide security and backup for recovering systems.
- Determine availability of systems and IT network application process.
- Design and maintain all IT processes according to operation policies through standardization.
- Maintain and prepare reports for various activities and provide performance backup to retrieve data in emergencies
- Participate in and manage all group communications
- Prepare designs and evaluate all balancing functions as required by Engineering departments and other functional areas.
- Prepare and review all Service Level and Operational Metrics, and KPI scorecards for service delivery.
- Analyze processes through various proactive self-initiated projects and ensure efficiency.
- Escalate Issues in a timely manner
We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. But beyond that, we offer you an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry, with disrupting technology and approach. You will empower thousands of mechanics to enjoy an enriched career and live a better life. We’re growing fast and we offer our employees the opportunity to be part of an exciting new adventure while leaving a meaningful legacy. YourMechanic is backed by top tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz & Softbank.