Head of West Coast Operations
Mountain View, CA
YourMechanic is a technology company with the vision that car repair should be as easy as buying a book on Amazon. We believe that life is too short to spend at the waiting room of an auto shop. We believe that people deserve a car repair experience that is hassle-free and totally transparent. At YourMechanic, we are making this happen. With a few clicks on our App or website, a highly-trained partner-technician comes to your home or office to fix your car.
We are looking for smart and versatile Head of Operations to join our Mechanic Operations team. As Head of Ops you will play a critical role in ensuring the success of our nationwide network of partner-technicians.
As we continue to evolve our processes, you will play a critical role in helping to shape our process while striving to provide customers and partner-technicians with delightful experiences.
This is the ideal position if you are a good communicator, enjoy problem-solving, and seek hands-on experience and behind-the-scenes exposure to all aspects of a rapidly growing start-up. Since you'll be part of a small and growing team, there are great opportunities for growth for those who demonstrate ambition and initiative.
- Ensure mechanics are when and where we need them
- Identify operational optimizations in your region in terms of mechanic reliability and quality
- Create new and scale existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Interface between Operations and Product teams (gathering and structuring product requests, deploying new product features, tracking & follow-up on bugs, etc.)
- Design and manage experiments and processes to improve mechanic reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Analyze trends in the mechanic lifecycle to understand and execute the greatest opportunities for improvement
- Manage a team of Operations Coordinators to optimize your region
- 5 years of analytical, operational and/or consulting experience
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, or STEM major
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong Excel / data management skills