Content Marketing & SEO Outreach Specialist
Mountain View, CA
YourMechanic is looking for a business-savvy SEO Content Marketer with creativity, smarts, and strong SEO fundamentals to join our team in Mountain View, CA. Top candidates will have a talent for producing and marketing articles that empower and engage an online audience, and for driving significant traffic from SEO content marketing and outreach. They have top-notch writing and editing abilities, a deep well of traffic-building partnership ideas, and a history of executing highly successful audience development partnerships with websites, brands, and individual influencers. They love the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture of startups, and being part of a fun and productive editorial team.
- Content strategy and planning, based on performing rigorous keyword research, trends analysis, and idea generation
- Develop and execute an outreach strategy Identifying relevant website to pitch existing content & custom content
- Utilize outreach tools for link analysis, prospecting, and locating contact information to acquire backlinks, tracking and reporting.
- Manage a team of writers to produce and syndicate data-driven, multimedia-rich, best-of-Web articles on a wide range of automotive subjects (technical, lifestyle, and general interest)
- Evaluate and edit writers' articles for logic, flow, and reader service, and rigorously adhere to SEO best practices to optimize all content
- Work on special content projects as assigned, such as customer testimonials, mechanic day-in-the-life stories, video scripts and more
- Support editorial site management and the development of new contributors, content, and ad-hoc projects
- Track web traffic, and report on key partnership and engagement metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business or other related fields in the social sciences, from a top-tier university.
- At least one year experience doing intensive outreach and relationship-building for SEO content marketing, and familiarity with relevant tools
- Experience in managing content contributors (writers, graphic artists, and/or photographers), both in-house and outsourced
- At least two years experience in producing SEO-optimized content that ranks high on organic search platforms
- Experience directing the creation of infographics and interactives, and curating pre-existing media (photos, videos) to enhance the text
- WordPress or other content management systems experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar, and logical story construction
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage priorities and deadlines
- A cheerful, roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude
- Strong desire to experiment and to learn
- Must be analytical and data-driven
- Automotive knowledge not required, but would be a plus