UX Mobile Designer
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop. Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle was meticulously maintained for optimal performance and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
The UX Mobile Designer will help us transform enterprise offerings and help define our mobile design strategy! We work with various product areas, bringing mobile mechanics to a whole new level. We’re looking for a Mobile Designer who is passionate about mobile. We’re looking for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, organized and willing to push boundaries. You must possess strong communication skills and keen judgment. You will be expected to utilize a full range of design skills and own the experience inside and out.
You will have the opportunity to present your work to peers and stakeholders, supporting your findings with clarity and transparency. You’ll collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers and mechanics to help make our mobile app more seamless, intelligent and beautiful.
- Have your finger on the pulse of current mobile interactions, patterns and design theory
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with UX peers, product managers, developers, and executives
- Take on responsibilities and obstacles while modeling a positive attitude even in challenging situations
- Transform complex use cases into simple, elegant and modern experiences
- Drive product strategy through design with product and executive teams
- Champion best practices, evangelizing design principles internally and to stakeholders
- 3-5 years professional experience distilling complex interactions into simple, elegant mobile user flows
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate your design concepts
- Strong observational analysis skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about how people use technology in the workplace and on the go
- An appreciation to ideate, iterate, and create in a fast pace environment with likeminded individuals.
- Deep familiarity with usability research
- Experience working with a design system
- Geekery about the latest technologies and design trends
- An appreciation for hard work and fun!