Head of Operations & Launch- Toronto, Canada
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop. Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle was meticulously maintained for optimal performance and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
As Head of Operations & Launch you will play a critical role in the development and growth of our Technician-partnership and people. Initial areas of focus will include the launch of marketplace operations in Toronto, Technician-partnerships, and compliance.
- Define and then operationalize a creative, long-term strategy for scaling our Technician-partnerships across Toronto.
- Increase signup and conversion of Technician-partners by seeking new acquisition channels and sources
- Improve on the supply chain function: strategy and goals, processes, and metrics that will drive the success of the business
- Refine regional processes and playbook for launching and growing Technician-partners recruiting & Platform on-boarding
- Increase engagement and retention of Technician-partners with accessibility needs
- Ensure constant expansion of Technician network, strong supply pipeline to eliminate gaps in service providers as we roll out new Fleet partnerships
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help to onboard new Technician-partners onto our online marketplace
- Maintain strong long-term relationships with Technician-partners
- Contribute cross-functionally as Head of Operations working closely with Product & Marketing to scale business
- Participate in operational planning with the executive teams and work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Identify opportunities that reduce cost and opportunities for significant growth
- Be a fierce advocate for our Technician-partners through such initiatives as educating staff on new and existing policies, best practices, and on-site operations
- 7-10 years of total work experience with an emphasis on marketplace startups, operations management or management consulting
- Operationally minded. Strong project management and sales / operational rollout experience with acute attention to details.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills - able to communicate effectively to our Technician-partners and internally.
- Strong ability to analyze data, identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends.and make qualified judgments on results.
- Ability to travel to meet with Technician-partners, identify new acquisition channels to hire, and expand the Company's presence.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative leadership and team-building experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work directly with numerous Technician-partners, and internal team.
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications
- Track record of success in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus
- MBA Strongly preferred