Data Visualization / Dashboarding Engineer
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle were meticulously maintained for optimal performance, and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
YourMechanic is looking for a Data Engineer to work closely with engineering and operations teams.
- Understand our data from all perspectives – where it comes from, what it means, how to improve quality and enrich it with additional sources, and how it could be used to generate more insights.
- Design, manage and troubleshoot our data process. Specify data metrics and checks and work with engineers to implement data dashboards. Diagnose data issues and work with engineers to resolve issues.
- Use our data to solve business and logistics problems.
- Collaborate with engineers to build scalable ETL pipelines to integrate data from heterogeneous data sources to support visualization.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce insightful information graphics and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering/Computer Science. 4+ years of work experience in data visualization / dashboarding, and superb SQL skills.
- Working knowledge of Ruby, Python or other programming languages used for data extraction and manipulation.
- Deep curiosity about data and learning new analytics techniques, with the enthusiasm and ability to teach yourself, learn from colleagues and teach others.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, D3, chart.io etc.
- Experience with statistics.
- Experience with Python scripting, data analytics, and charting libraries (Pandas, NumPy, plotly, etc.).
- A self-starter who can jump into messy situations and figure out the questions as well as the answers.
- Great communication and teamwork skills – able to clearly explain complex business and technical issues, and support others under pressure.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with Redshift and PostGreSQL
- Prior work experience at a startup.
- Experience with machine learning
Bonus points for:
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance
- Awesome team mates!
We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Beyond that, we offer an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($75B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to live a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.
YourMechanic is backed by top tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz & Softbank.