Director of Operations & Strategy
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop. Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle was meticulously maintained for optimal performance and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
The Head of Operations & Strategy will manage, negotiate and scale our vendor partnerships You will play a critical role in negotiating vendors for better prices and improving our part store experience.
- Negotiate pricing, inventory, and payment terms to minimize service costs and production lead time while maximizing quality of service
- Manage current and new vendor partnerships ensuring close relationships and closed-loop learning between vendors and our Product/Engineering to achieve cost reduction and quality targets
- Follow market conditions on items and develop supply-side contract and pricing strategies
- Optimize for parts distribution channels between B2C and B2B
- Own and optimize vendor evaluation, logistics, inventory, purchasing and planning
- Network within the industry and serve as a representative of the Company in various Industry organizations and functions
- Vast knowledge of the automotive parts industry and catalogs (O’Reilly, Auto Zone, Worldpac, Epicor, OEConnection etc.
- General understanding of automotive systems, replacement parts sales and the needs of independent automotive repair professionals
- Field sales experience in the automotive parts industry is a plus
- Excellent negotiation skills and strategic acumen
- Very organized with strong follow-through skills, especially with vendors and Operational team
- Strong ability to analyze data and make qualified judgments on results
- Demonstrated strong collaborative leadership and team-building experience
- Ability to travel local and statewide to meet with parts vendors, negotiate better pricing, and expanding the Company's presence
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work directly with numerous Parts Advisors, and internal team.
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), plus possess the ability to learn systems quickly
- Track record of success in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus