Master Mechanic (In Office Position)
Mountain View, CA
YourMechanic is transforming the car repair and maintenance industry. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
Master Mechanic Advisors are hands-on leaders, responsible for ensuring YourMechanic recruits, on-boards, and maintains high quality technician partners. Join an exciting team empowered to make decisions that define the quality of technicians and experiences for the technician partners and customers. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned mechanic to utilize their automotive knowledge and background outside of a shop setting. Directly impact the growth trajectory of YourMechanic in all markets across the U.S.
Ideal candidates possess an entrepreneurial spirit with strong drive to make a positive impact. Successful Mechanic Advisors have the skills to identify opportunities for technician recruiting and system improvement, and the leadership and drive to implement solutions. They are team-oriented individuals with the empathy and communications skills necessary to build strong communities of technicians, and work cooperatively with teams across the YourMechanic organization.
- Handle escalated calls and process customer warranty claims - you will have to make judgement calls that best serve both the customer and the business
- Evaluate candidates applying to work with YourMechanic as mobile technicians
- Assess ongoing performance of the current mechanic team
- Act as the lead tech to support our team of mobile mechanics - you will aid in troubleshooting complex diagnostics, give advice on handling customer service issues and overall support the day-to-day needs of the mechanic team
- Master Level Automotive Technician
- 10-15 years experience working as a Master Mechanic in a dealership or independent shop
- Experience working as a service advisor providing customer support and handling warranty claims
- Experience leading interviews with technicians to assess skill level, experience, qualifications and overall fit
- Ability to take ownership of work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills is a must - both for tricky drivability diagnostic issues and for supporting a team of mobile mechanics out in the field facing unforeseen issues
- Sound judgment and the ability to make concise decisions
- Positive can-do attitude
- Is a team player and understands that there is no room for egos