Software Engineer Internship 2019
Mountain View, CA
YourMechanic is expanding nationwide and we are looking for interns who, like Mechanics, enjoy looking 'under the hood' and can work across the entire product spectrum, to join our core development team. This involves working intimately with both the low level parts of our back-end system as well as the user facing front-end. Our back-end implements some of the most complex modules of our system, including our instant pricing engine that is capable of producing car repair and maintenance cost estimates across multitudes of combinations of cars and services. If you are excited about solving challenging problems and helping to bring the archaic car repair/maintenance industry into the modern age, we would love to hear from you!
Our development stack
- Ruby on Rails for back end.
- PostgreSQL DB, with Redis for in-memory caching.
- React for front end.
- Swift for iOS app.
- Java for Android app.
- Redshift + Ruby on Rails for Analytics infrastructure pipeline.
- Special purpose modules in NodeJS, GoLang and Java/Tomcat.
What we're looking for
- Someone who is an overall good problem solver, and not necessarily a “pro” in any specific language or framework or software development technique.
- Someone who is open and eager to learn new technology rather than being intimidated by it. Someone who is not married to ‘traditional’ or ‘orthodox’ software development methodology.
- Someone who is detail oriented and mindful of the entire code base. This means doing your own thorough testing to ensure the code base is always in a healthy state.
- Someone who is a self-starter and takes initiative to learn different areas of the system.
- Competitive compensation
- Walking distance from San Antonio CalTrain station
- Daily lunch program & ample stock of snacks and beverages
- Car maintenance discount
- Awesome teammates!