Director of Operations & Strategy
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop. Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle was meticulously maintained for optimal performance and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
The purpose of the Director of Operations & Strategy is to grow our Technician-partnerships. You will play a critical role in ensuring the growth and success of our nationwide network of partner-technicians and maintaining the company’s reputation with our Mechanics.
- Manage the Operations team to scale supply from existing and new Technician-partnerships
- Increase signup and conversion of Technician-partners by seeking new acquisition channels and sources
- Improve on the supply chain function: strategy and goals, processes, and metrics that will drive the success of the business
- Refine regional processes and playbook for launching and growing Technician-partners recruiting & Platform on-boarding
- Increase engagement and retention of Technician-partners with accessibility needs
- Ensure constant expansion of Technician network, strong supply pipeline to eliminate gaps in service providers as we roll out new Fleet partnerships
- Help to onboard new Technician-partners onto our online marketplace
- Maintain strong long-term relationships with Technician-partners
- Contribute cross-functionally as Head of Supply working closely with Product & Marketing to scale business
- Participate in operational planning with the executive teams and work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Identify opportunities that reduce cost and opportunities for significant growth
- Be a fierce advocate for our Technician-partners through such initiatives as educating staff on new and existing policies, best practices, and on-site operations
- Operationally minded. Strong project management and sales / operational rollout experience with acute attention to details.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills - able to communicate effectively to our Technician-partners and internally.
- Strong ability to analyze data and make qualified judgments on results.
- Ability to travel local and statewide to meet with Technician-partners, identify new acquisition channels to hire, and expand the Company's presence.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative leadership and team-building experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work directly with numerous Technician-partners, and internal team.
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), plus possess the ability to learn systems quickly
- Track record of success in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus