Senior Software Engineer - Fleet
Mountain View, CA /
YourMechanic is aggressively expanding in the business to business (B2B) and fleet space. We are looking for software engineers who, like our mechanics, enjoy looking 'under the hood' and can work across the entire product spectrum. This involves working intimately with both the low level parts of our back-end system as well as the user facing front-end. Our back-end implements some of the most complex modules of our system, including our instant pricing engine that is capable of producing car repair and maintenance cost estimates across multitudes of combinations of cars and services. Our front-end supports ingesting and scheduling services for thousands of cars. If you are excited about solving challenging problems and helping to bring the archaic car repair/maintenance industry into the modern age, we would love to hear from you!
Our development stack
- Ruby on Rails for the back end.
- PostgreSQL DB, with Redis for in-memory caching.
- React and AngularJS for the front end.
- Java for native Android app.
- Flutter and Dart for iOS/Android apps.
- Redshift + Ruby on Rails for Analytics infrastructure pipeline.
- Special purpose modules in NodeJS, GoLang and Java/Tomcat.
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Full-stack ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign the existing areas of the product.
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, scalability, reliability, security and maintainability of the product.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to build a holistic fleet product.
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices.
- Influence the technical roadmap and enable new and compelling user experiences through technology.
- Introduce new concepts and technology to the team, pushing YourMechanic to continue to be the technology leader in the industry.
What we're looking for
- Excellent problem-solving skills and versatility
- Experience working with large systems and applications
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong CS fundamentals and ability to apply concepts in creative ways
- Experience working in startup environments with aggressive deadlines
- High attention to detail and diligence
- Quick to understand complex systems and their makeup and proven background in building sound, scalable architectures.
- Polyglots with the ability to move across systems and applications seamlessly
- Experience building SOA and MSA systems
- Experience with React, Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Experience scaling server capacity to enable hundreds of millions of visitors
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation days and 7 paid holidays
- $500/yr learning program per engineer
- Car maintenance discount
- Awesome teammates!
We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Beyond that, we offer an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($75B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to living a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.
YourMechanic is backed by top tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz & Softbank.