Senior UI/UX Designer
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine your vehicle was meticulously maintained for optimal performance, and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on workflow, design, testing, and prototyping. You will be a champion for the ideal customer experience at all levels of decision-making from strategy to execution.
- Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
- Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
- Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
- Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and participate in product usability tests.
- Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
- Provide direction for other product designers while evangelizing usability, simplicity and high quality design.
- Offer support and advice to stakeholders on prioritization and product strategy.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
- 5+ years of experience in usability and/or a design related field
- Experienced in web, mobile and app design.
- Knowledge of front end coding is desirable
- Proficiency in visual design and print design preferred
- Proficiency with Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems.