Director of Sales & Business Development
Mountain View, CA
Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle were meticulously maintained for optimal performance, and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
YourMechanic has expanded nationwide and we are looking for a highly-motivated, relationship-focused, results-driven business development leader to help scale our Fleet, Dealership and B2B service offerings. The ideal candidate is passionate about turning strategic plans into practical business opportunities resulting in revenue and will have a proven track record of doing so in the past.
You will be responsible for developing high-growth partnerships (working cross-functionally with operations, sales, marketing, PR, support, and engineering teams) to drive new revenue, product adoption, and new lines of business. You will work closely with leadership to support key business initiatives.
- Own our newly created B2B team as well as partnerships roadmap, tracking, forecasting and revenue
- Prospect, qualify, negotiate and close deals across large Fleet businesses that - thanks to you - love working with YourMechanic, it's people and it's platform
- Develop impactful sales, marketing, PR and technology integration programs with partners that move the needle
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams (support, operations, and engineering) to successfully deliver on business and technology initiatives with our partners
- Retain and expand partner relationships leading all aspects of deal execution through financial proof of performance and resolution of issues, ensuring partnership success
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing tailored solutions that meet the needs of YourMechanic partners.
- Own the acquisition and engagement process for high value customers
- Create results driven plan with focus on revenue generating prospecting activity
- Proactive management and ownership of the end-to-end sales cycle
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our operations, product, and growth teams to improve the quality of our value proposition
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5-7 years leadership experience in a combination of business development, sales and/or management consulting for a leading automotive business or high-growth tech start-up
- Prior automotive fleet & commercial sales managerial experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and directly execute against rapid, lasting growth goals
- Proven track record of managing successful revenue-generating partner programs and exceeding targets
- Excellent interpersonal and prioritization skills with keen analytic and quantitative skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues in all forms: written, conversational, negotiations, and presentations
- Unwavering focus on delivering customer and partner delight
- Willingness to travel.
We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Beyond that, we offer an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($150B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to live a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.