Senior Software iOS Engineer
Tech – IOS /
Long term contract (CDI)
Who we are
📱 Yubo is a safe space for young people to socialize and make connections while streaming and chatting online through an app.
🔒 The platform boasts an innovative suite of safety tools that guarantee all its users’ security, moderation, and privacy.
Faced with a new generation of hyperconnected digital natives who are lonely and overwhelmed, Yubo helps Gen Z engage with the world and learn about themselves. Inspired by the best of offline interactions and the possibilities of digital life, Yubo's vision is to fix online social interactions for the next generation. Unlike traditional social networks, Yubo prioritizes people over content, real-time interactions over likes, and real connections over followers.
🌍Created by three friends/engineers who are passionate about consumer apps and thanks to a team of 60 people in 3 different offices (Paris, Londres, Jacksonville), Yubo now has 50 million users across and attracts approximately 2 million new users every day.
Since its launch in 2015, the app’s users have:
✔️made more than 2 billion real connexions/friendships on the platform.
✔️ sent more than 10 billion chat messages.
✔️ streamed live almost 30 million times.
What we are looking for
As a small and fast team, we can offer a fun and challenging environment where you will instantly see the value of your contribution to our community.
Technologies we use
- iOS architecture: 100% Swift, Clean Architecture (mainly VIPER, work in progress), Dependency manager (CocoaPods (Texture, IGListKit, Realm, ...), Live technology: WebRTC (C++/Objective-C)
- Android app: 100 % Kotlin
- Server-side: NodeJS, Express
- Client-side: React, Redux
- Databases: Elastic Search, MongoDB, BigTable, BigQuery, Redis
- Infrastructure: Docker containers orchestrated with Kubernetes on Google Cloud.
- Live Techno: WebRTC (C++)
- Build a scalable and stable app for millions of users
- Development of features from A to Z.
- Work on technology like WebRTC, Socket...
Technical & Mindest Prerequisites
- Comfortable working with Git
- Deep knowledge of iOS technologies
- Good Practice / Code Quality / Code Review
- Being iOS product-oriented with deep UI/UX knowledge is very important
- We are looking for smart, self-motivated software developers to join our team.
- Humility and team spirit will make a difference in this position.
- You love solving issues, and you are hunger to learn and grow in skill and impact.
- Last but not least, you are passionate about social consumer apps!!
The recruitment Process
- * Fit interview with CEO
- * Fit interview followed by a 4 hours Technical Test with the iOS engineer team
- * Fit with lead Android & full-stack engineer
- * Fit with the Lead Live Streaming and the Lead Data Engineering
- * Fit with CPO&CTO
What we can offer you
Our culture :
✨Yubo is a tribe of diverse backgrounds and expertise (tech, marketing & communication, safety, support functions...) that share common values like a results-based culture, total transparency, a strong team spirit, the drive to continue learning, and courage to face challenges head-on.
Our policy about diversity & inclusion :
🏳️🌈 We’re serious about diversity and inclusion at Yubo. People of color, gay, lesbian, transgender, non-binary people, parents, and people with disabilities are all welcome on our team. We hold regular workshops to foster a culture of empathy and compassion for minority issues. We are proud that diversity and inclusion are crucial assets to our team.
Working at Yubo means :
🗽Flexibility and autonomy: the chance to work remotely when you want and where you want and with the material and tools of your choice
🔥 Trust and empowerment: We’ve only just begun this adventure, and there are plenty of projects to work on. So it’s up to you to shape your role according to your skills and career path with the support of your manager.
🥰 Care and well-being: We care a lot about our people with a lot of benefits such as... Health insurance 100% reimbursed, lunch vouchers 60% reimbursed, sick leave 100% covered, parental leave for both parents, brand new offices in the Paris, London, and Jacksonville, Pass Navigo (metro/bus) 100% covered, transport cost reimbursement for people who bike to work, and a kitchen stocked with free snacks and drinks.
🥳 Togetherness and fun: 1 monthly team-building to celebrate, 1 incredible trip per year to relax and disconnect, quarterly team-buildings per team to rediscover each other and reconnect, Switch games after lunch, and, of course, kind and friendly teammates
🎉We are certified HappyIndex® / AtWork StartUp 2021, Tech AtWork® 2021, and Hybrid Worplace® 2021 🍾