Software Engineer Intern - Core Database
USA, Canada, Remote /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
As a software engineering intern working on the Core Database, you will be responsible for designing and implementing features in the heart of the database. This is logically split into two high level components, DocDB and YQL. The storage engine of Yugabyte (DocDB) is responsible for efficient data storage and retrieval, our raft consensus and distributed transaction layers, as well as overall stability and reliability of the database. On top of this layer, sits the query and language layer (YQL), which is responsible for efficient query handling, database security and visibility, as well as making the breadth of SQL functionality available to our users.
We are looking for students who are highly collaborative, driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who are excited about building an internet-scale, globally distributed, SQL database.
About the Job:
- Focus on a specific project critical to Yugabyte’s needs from design and implementation, all the way to shipping it to production.
- Collaborate with your team members to come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Grow through mentorship and coaching to drive impact and polish your engineering expertise.
- Enjoy access to regular knowledge sharing sessions, including design reviews, hands on workshops, technical trainings etc.
- Present your work and results at the end of your internship, to the broader organization, including executive leadership.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with CS fundamentals, algorithms and data structures and software design.
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Working knowledge of C or C++.
- Experience with distributed systems, operating systems, networking, compilers, database design or SQL.
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.