Drivers and Tools Engineer, EcoSystem Engineering
USA, Canada, India, Remote /
Do you thrive on solving complex technical problems? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of technology? If so, we’re interested in speaking with you!
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are building infrastructure that will become the foundation for building online applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful engineering solutions with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you like to be a part of a super smart team and work on tough problems that are valuable to end users? Join us! Remote applicants are welcome.
The EcoSystem Engineering builds the drivers, libraries, and tools that developers use day-to-day working with YugabyteDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption and satisfaction by providing a reliable and easy-to-use interfaces for developers and other end-users to use YugabyteDB alongside with familiar tools and technologies. We're looking for engineers who enjoy designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries and tools, who are driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who have a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Develop cluster-aware PostgreSQL compatible drivers
- Implement libraries and tools that developers can use in their day-to-day work
- Implement integrations with streaming services such as Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Implement integrations with popular frameworks such as SpringData
- Programming languages include the most popular ones such as Java, Go, Python, C/C++, etc
- Work with our Product and CoreDB teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing database features.
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science -or- a related field
- Strong software design and implementation skills
- Prior experience in building database client side libraries is a big plus
- Participation in Open Source software development is a big plus
- Working knowledge of client side technologies such as ORM frameworks, drivers, etc.
- Familiarity with schema migration tools such as Liquibase, Flyway, etc.
- Working knowledge of popular programming languages such as Java, Python, Go, etc
- Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts