Sunnyvale, CA /
Do you thrive on solving complex technical problems? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of technology? If so, we’re interested in speaking with you!
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are building infrastructure that will become the foundation for building online applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful engineering solutions with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you like to be a part of a super smart team and work on tough problems that are valuable to end users? Join us! Remote applicants are welcome.
We take the success of our customers very seriously, so this is a role with huge impact. We are looking for a QA Engineer to join us and help our customers succeed in deploying, building and running applications on top of YugabyteDB.
Our customer base is growing rapidly and we’re looking for top-tier QA Engineers who share our passion for customer success to join our team!
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test software.
- Test the product for performance, resiliency, security, scalability, and reliability.
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, code paths, and overall behavioral characteristics of the products you test.
- Analyze and understand existing test coverage and test cases, identifying opportunities for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance.
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from tests and customer issues.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.Be a champion for our customers.
- Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Yugabyte platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’re able to work with a wide variety of people and collaborate with geographically distributed teams and effectively communicating everything from data points to critical feedback
- Entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment.
- Strong programming skills and experience (C++, Java, Python)
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or CQL.
- Customer Obsession – you are passionate about delivering a high-quality product.
- You judge our own success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Professional experience in Databases and/or Distributed Systems.
- BS in CS (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience)