Director of Human Resources
Sunnyvale, CA /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are building infrastructure that will become the foundation for building online applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful engineering solutions with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you want to be part of a super smart team building a high growth software company and bringing world class products to enterprises all over the world? Join us! Remote applicants are welcome.
We are hiring a Director of HR to help build a world class international software company. The ideal candidate is experienced, hands on, and forward thinking. Must have a bias for action. They have an appreciation for how transparency and communication drive a culture of trust and will help foster that as the company grows. We are looking for somebody who can think big picture and question how & if current procedures will effectively scale. This is a highly visible role with tremendous growth potential.
- Employee onboarding and offboarding (from offer to termination)
- Select and implement a PEO vendor and benefits administration
- Work with Legal and Operations on compliance activities (Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Facilitate immigration activities
- Develop and administer performance review process for continuous feedback
- Headcount reporting and tracking to plan
- Collaborate with Operations to implement and facilitate international expansion
- Help develop self service portal / intranet to provide an engaging employee experience
- Manage the hiring process and applicant tracking system
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure their needs are met
- Develop and implement common compensation framework across the organization
- Drive global efficiency by improving operational processes and procedures
- Executive presence
- High integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive, written/verbal communication, planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues that arise.
- 10+ years experience in software industry (start-up experience preferred)
- College degree or higher. HR Certification a plus.
- Experience in Diversity and Inclusion
- Handle filings with government entities
- Experience conducting investigations
- Continuous learning in the HR space (ie. stays abreast of latest developments in HR)