Software Engineer, Core Database
USA, Canada, Remote /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
We are looking for passionate software engineers with different levels of experience to work on the bleeding edge of building a transactional, high-performance database that can handle geo-distributed/multi-cloud applications. This role would involve working on really hard problems involving areas across the open source YugabyteDB as well as the platform/cloud offerings of Yugabyte. You would be interfacing with components that involve distributed systems, Raft consensus and extending it, LSM databases, a sophisticated, pluggable query compiler layer and end-user clients in a variety of languages.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a highly scalable and resilient distributed database.
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines.
- The programming language is mainly C++, but includes other languages like Python and Java as well.
- A BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science (or a similar technical field of study).
- Software development experience.
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Experience in any of distributed systems, databases or developing large software systems a strong plus.