Backend Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
USA, Canada, Remote /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
As an engineer in the Platform & Cloud team, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of YugabyteDB. The control plane is responsible for unified multiverse management of YugabyteDB across public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), Kubernetes environments (open-source, GKE, EKS, PKS, AKS), and on-prem data centers including fault-domain aware provisioning, rolling upgrades, security, monitoring, and day-2 operations (backups, scaling etc). We are looking for strong engineers who exemplify collaboration, who are driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who have a strong desire to build an internet-scale, extensible control plane with strong emphasis on simplicity and user experience.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a feature-rich management and orchestration product
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- The programming languages are mainly Python and Java
- Understand the infrastructure details of public clouds and use devops best practices to implement provisioning
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science -or- a related field
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable resilient systems
- Working knowledge of Java and Python
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network etc)
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud infrastructure systems engineering experience
- Experience in building control planes
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with containers and cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience in App deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc.