Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Sunnyvale, CA /
At YugaByte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
We are looking for passionate software engineers with different levels of experience to work on making YugaByte DB work seamlessly for enterprise users. This involves orchestration support for public clouds (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), Kubernetes services (open-source, GKE, PKS, EKS, AKS) and private data centers. This role would involve working on the control and manageability plane of YugaByte, and also working with components like Prometheus and Alert Manager for managing the cluster, provisioning infrastructure components using public cloud APIs, designing and implementing secure, production-grade deployments in various IaaS layers.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a feature-rich management and orchestration product
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- The programming languages are mainly Python and Java
- Understand the infrastructure details of public clouds and use devops best practices to implement provisioning
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or a similar technical field of study)
- Software development experience.
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts.
- Working knowledge of Java and Python.
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud infrastructure systems engineering experience
- Experience with containers and cluster managers like Kubernetes