Backend Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
United States /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build the default database for cloud native applications in a multi cloud world. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. And the best is yet to come! We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
As an engineer in the Platform & Cloud team, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of YugabyteDB. The control plane is responsible for unified multiverse management of YugabyteDB across public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), Kubernetes environments (open-source, GKE, EKS, PKS, AKS), and on-prem data centers including fault-domain aware provisioning, rolling upgrades, security, monitoring, and day-2 operations (backups, scaling etc). We are looking for strong engineers who exemplify collaboration, who are driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who have a strong desire to build an internet-scale, extensible control plane with strong emphasis on simplicity and user experience.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a feature-rich management and orchestration product
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- The programming languages are mainly Python and Java
- Understand the infrastructure details of public clouds and use devops best practices to implement provisioning
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science -or- a related field
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable resilient systems
- Working knowledge of Java and Python
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network etc)
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud infrastructure systems engineering experience
- Experience in building control planes
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with containers and cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience in App deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc.
Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks, and consists of a phone screen, Zoom interviews including senior leaders.
Full Health Benefits
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
Internet and Phone Reimbursement
Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity employer, Yugabyte is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.