Senior Presales Solutions Engineer
United States /
North America – Presales Engineering /
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build the default database for cloud native applications in a multi cloud world. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. And the best is yet to come! We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer who will be responsible for helping users to understand, design and build reliable, scalable systems using YugaByte DB. This role requires a mix of software architecture skills to design/implement practical solutions as well as the ability to work with developers in order to identify patterns or tools that can make building the solutions easier.
The ideal candidate would take user success seriously with respect to the software design, deployment and day 2 operations. This would involve coming up with reusable tools and libraries, building ecosystem and framework integrations, documenting how to use these clearly, etc. You will work closely with the users, sales and engineering to identify gaps that require solutions and pass feedback to influence the roadmap where needed.
- Design, develop and implement solution architecture for software projects on top of YugaByte DB.
- Help end-users with evaluating both YugaByte DB and various other open-source technologies
- Advise users and customers on a wide range of topics such as app architecture, deployment paradigms, ecosystem integration best practices and more in order to make optimal use of YugaByte DB.
- Work with our community users to understand their needs and ensure their success by developing reusable tools and frameworks.
- Work closely with our sales team to develop the requisite libraries and best-practices in order to ensure smooth and successful Proof-of-Value.
- B.A. / B.S. or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Working knowledge and ability to code with modern languages (e.g. Java, Python, Node.js, C/C++, Java, C#)
- Working knowledge of SQL and ability to model use cases on SQL databases
- Ability to write good documentation.
Nice to Haves:
- Hands-on experience with modern public cloud infrastructure and other cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks, and consists of a phone screen, Zoom interviews including senior leaders.
Full Health Benefits
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
Internet and Phone Reimbursement
Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity employer, Yugabyte is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.