Software Maintenance Engineer
Customer Success /
Do you thrive on solving complex technical problems? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of technology? If so, we’re interested in speaking with you!
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are building infrastructure that will become the foundation for building online applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful engineering solutions with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you like to be a part of a super smart team and work on a tough problems that are valuable to end users? Join us! Remote applicants are welcome.
We take the success of our customers very seriously, so this is a role with huge impact. We are looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer to join us and help our customers succeed in deploying, building and running applications on top of YugabyteDB.
Our customer base is growing rapidly and we’re looking for top-tier engineers who share our passion for customer success to join our team!
- Work directly with enterprise customers to replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Work with our developers to identify defects and opportunities for product improvement
- Improve the serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our deployments and auto-support infrastructure
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and partner implementations
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Provide support on weekdays and also off-hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Develop supportability tools and integrations
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Yugabyte platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’re able to work with a wide variety of people and collaborate with geographically distributed teams and effectively communicating everything from data points to critical feedback
- Entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges
- Customer Obsession – you are passionate about delivering a high-quality support experience and providing customers with the tools they need to succeed. You judge our own success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Professional experience troubleshooting at least two of the following: Linux Systems , Databases, Cloud Infrastructure and Networking.
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, C++, Java, Golang
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience).
- Candidates are ideally located in the US - Durham, NC or Denver, CO is preferred, but remote is available as well.