Senior Application Developer
VDO.AI – Engineering /
VDO.AI is a global advertising technology innovator, providing brands with intelligent high impact solutions that win the war for consumer attention. Our solutions drive the right outcomes for brands by combining creativity, reach, and targeting across devices, enabling the upper- and mid-funnel brand objectives that all brands and agencies require, turning awareness into performance. We develop impactful connections by curating customized video-driven experiences that convert brand awareness into measurable response.
We are looking for a Senior Application Developer to join our growing team!
What will you do as a Senior Application Developer:
- Designing and building sophisticated and highly scalable apps using Java (Kotlin)
- Translating and building the designs into high quality responsive UI code.
- Use Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Model-View-ViewModel-Controller (MVVM) architecture and developing maintainable, testable and functional software that meets product requirements.
- Developing and improving in - house Software Development Kits (SDKs) dedicated to (Android), which would be used by the development and production teams
- Providing support to Engineering teams to integrate Third party Mediation and Ad Network SDKs
- Developing and maintaining a highly modular code base using Third - Party tools and SDKs for Android platforms
- Working directly with Third parties vendors, via phone and email, responding to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and active contribution to our online community and knowledge database for up - to - date solutions
- Collaborating with our Engineering, and QA teams to assist with product enhancements
- Understand the emerging technologies, standards, and best practices to bring mobile app products to the next level.
- Maintaining software through product life cycle including design, development, verification and bug fixes.
What are we looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer for Android Applications for smartphone and tablet including atleast 1 year on Flutter based applications
- Expertise in developing and/or at least some experience in integrating SDKs using Java, XML, JSON, Google APIs (specifically related to ads), ExoPlayer
- Basic understanding of Digital Advertisement concepts such as Google Ad Manager, Google Ad Exchange, Google Ad tags (VAST, VPAID, VMAP etc) not mandatory but preferred
- Prior experience in integrating APIs (Ads related) to Android apps and working on Video player-based apps will be a big plus
- Experience in using third party libraries, Bitbucket & GitHub
- Knowledge and working experience in Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, Application Stack and Android Architecture. Focused on background processing with AsyncTasks and Services, IPC, AIDL, Storage and retrieval of structured data, fragments, and broadcast receivers would be a big plus
- Knowledge and/or Experience in Architecture Design, Development, and Implementation, Troubleshooting and Debugging, Testing of Software Applications
- Must have built at least two Android apps with Flutter and have published mobile apps in Google Play or App Store
- Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle
- Driven, passionate and an ultimate team player
- Ability to solve problems, learn and adapt as per the requirement and ready to face new challenges
About our parent brand - Z1 Media:
Z1 Media (Great Place to Work-Certified™) is a technology first company which strives to innovate digital advertising and marketing to streamline automation in favour of humankind. Our mission is to build for the future. We believe in trying to play where the technology is going, not where it has been. This has enabled us to bet on the future and build successful brands like VDO.AI, Receptix, Jnee and NewsD. Our offices are located in the US (New York ) and in India (Gurugram).
At VDO.AI, we think innovatively. We are diverse and celebrate each other’s achievement and knowledge. We believe that equality in the workplace drives progress and works as a catalyst to holistic growth. Started with just 5 core members, we are now a team of over 150 people who adhere to different values, beliefs, experiences, backgrounds, and preferences, it still seems like day one.
We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and represents employees across various skill sets. We embrace contributions from all ages, sexes, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities.