Lead Data Engineer - Careers
European Union /
The company and our mission:
Zartis is a digital solutions provider working across technology strategy, software engineering and product development.
We partner with firms across financial services, MedTech, media, logistics technology, renewable energy, EdTech, e-commerce, and more. Our engineering hubs in EMEA and LATAM are full of talented professionals delivering business success and digital improvement across application development, software architecture, CI/CD, business intelligence, QA automation, and new technology integrations.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to work on a project in the education sector.
Our teammates are talented people that come from a variety of backgrounds. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture based on trust and innovation which creates a good work environment that helps enrich the product.
You will be part of a distributed team developing new technologies and being at the forefront of education technology, making a real tangible difference in the lives of students around the world. You will be leading half of your time hands-on and the rest you will support, guide and grow the data function.
What you will do:
- Developing and implementing data strategies that support the company’s mission of revolutionizing the education industry through technology.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of different data roles (scientist, analyst, engineer, etc.).
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop data-driven insights and solutions that drive growth and improve the overall user experience.
What you will bring:
- 8+ years of Data Engineering and 1 year + leading a data function.
- Strong Python programming and data manipulation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with large data sets.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI).
- Knowledge of Python API building and data warehousing technologies (e.g. Kimball).
- Experience with ETL pipelines, GCP/AWS, PostgreSQL/MongoDB, communication skills, and ed-tech experience preferred
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in statistics, maths, or computer science.
What we offer:
- WFH allowance: Monthly payment as financial support for remote working.
- Career Growth: We have established a career development program accessible for all employees with a 360º feedback that will help us to guide you in your career progression.
- Training: For Tech training at Zartis, you have time allocated during the week at your disposal. You can request from a variety of options, such as online courses (from Pluralsight and Educative.io, for example), English classes, books, conferences and events.
- Mentoring Program: You can become a mentor in Zartis or you can receive mentorship, or both.
- Well-being activities: Yoga, Fitness or Meditation classes every week.
- Counselling benefit: To take care of our mental health, we believe talk therapy can be extremely useful and we provide counselling services to you.
- Flexible Working schedule.
- Multicultural working environment: We organize tech events, webinars, parties, activities to do online team-building games, and contests.