Senior Data Engineer
European Union /
The company and our mission:
Zartis is a digital solutions provider working across technology strategy, software engineering and product development.
We partner with firms across financial services, medtech, media, logistics technology, renewable energy, edtech, e-commerce, and more. Our engineering hubs in EMEA and LATAM are full of talented professionals delivering business success and digital improvement across application development, software architecture, CI/CD, business intelligence, QA automation, and new technology integrations.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work on a project in a British company in the health and safety management industry.
Our teammates are talented people that come from a variety of backgrounds. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture based on trust and innovation which creates a good work environment that helps enrich the product.
You will be part of a distributed team developing new technologies to solve real business problems, for a well-established British company expert in the application of technology to solve customers’ health and safety challenges.
We are looking for someone with good communication skills, ideally with experience taking decisions, proactive, used to building software from scratch, and with good attention to detail.
What you will do:
● Working with other teams to define data requirements to support existing business processes.
● Developing, Implementing and Maintaining data pipelines to support ETL processes from multiple data sources like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB, AWS S3 etc.
● Developing and Maintaining Data Warehouse components using appropriate Data Modelling techniques.
● Identifying and optimizing existing processes to run more efficiently and automating manual processes.
● Identifying any business logic built into BI tools and implementing it in the correct ETL process.
What you will bring:
● 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
● Broad expertise in delivering data solutions using Databricks
● In-depth knowledge of data modeling techniques and developing data warehouses
● Strong SQL skills
● Nice to have some experience with a data-related programming language (Python,
● To be motivated and results driven
● Experience with a source control system (Git)
Nice to have:
● Cloud Experience (AWS)
● Some experience with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift)
● IaC experience is desirable
● CI/CD experience is desirable
What we offer:
● 100%Remote Work.
● WFH allowance: 40 Euro monthly as financial support for remote working.
● Career Growth: We have established a career development program accessible for all employees with a 360º feedback that will help us to guide you in your career progression.
● Training: For Tech training at Zartis, you have time allocated during the week at your disposal. You can request from a variety of options, such as online courses (from Pluralsight and Educative.io, for example), English classes, books, conferences and events.
● Mentoring Program: You can become a mentor in Zartis or you can receive mentorship or both.
● Well-being activities: Yoga, Fitness, or Meditation classes every week.
● Counseling benefit: To take care of our mental health, we believe talk therapy can be extremely useful and we provide counseling services to you.
● Flexible Working schedule.
● Multicultural working environment: We organize tech events, webinars, parties, activities to do online team-building games, and contests.