Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a technician with experience assembling, integrating, and testing electromechanical and electromagnetic systems, to join our Power and Propulsion group. The position will require you to work on components such as complex magnet assemblies, electric motor windings, power inductor winding, wire harnesses, test fixtures, etc. You should be able to build, install, troubleshoot, and maintain electromechanical assemblies using industry standard methods, while maintaining records and logs.
- Five or more years experience as a technician assembling mechanical and electromechanical assemblies is required.
- Ability to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Strong mechanical assembly skills
- Ability to work with precision, with good attention to detail
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (basic shop equipment, DMM, crimpers, etc.)
- Strong background in troubleshooting and repair of wiring and avionics systems
- Able to select and manage parts from a BOM
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications and basic electronics
- Ability to read schematics and prints
- Electronics Associate degree, military training or above
- Experience with electromechanical systems and sensors (servos, motors, shaft encoders)
- Experience with manual machining (mill, lathe, bandsaws, welding)
- Experience with dielectric testing (hi-pot testers)
- Experience with hand-soldering
- Experience with composite structures and components
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.