Senior Flight Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking talented and driven engineers to join our team responsible for testing cutting edge electric aircraft. These engineers work closely with avionics, electric propulsion, structural, aerodynamics, and controls engineers to support flight testing of sub and full-scale aircraft. Additional responsibilities include test plan and test card generation, real-time telemetry monitoring during ground and flight tests, directing tests, data analysis and documentation, and on-aircraft troubleshooting. They also design, build, and operate test setups for developmental and qualification testing of subsystems.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in applicable engineering field, or equivalent
- 3+ years experience flight testing, preferably in a prototyping environment
- Proficiency in data analysis with MATLAB, Python, or other scripting tools
- Hands-on project experience
- Ability to work closely with engineers and other test personnel to design and execute complex tests on fast-paced schedules
- Expertise in aerodynamics, aircraft performance and/or controls
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition, including selection, installation, and calibration
- Private Pilot License
- Proficiency in Solidworks or other 3-D CAD package
- Machine shop experience
- Composites experience
- Experience designing, building, and/or debugging electrical circuits and systems
- Familiarity with C
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.