Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are seeking a systems engineer to join our design and certification effort. You will aid in formalizing and tracking requirements from regulatory safety objectives to lower-level requirements and will merge this skill-set with system and component design. You have a deep understanding and expertise in at least one of the following areas: structural, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or software. Familiarity with certification or compliance activities is a plus.
- Work with engineering teams to develop and certify complex systems
- Create, manage, and track requirements
- Drive the planning, execution, and documentation of verification and validation activities required to demonstrate compliance with requirements and regulations
- Interface with regulators as part of certification efforts
- B.S. in engineering with at least two years of experience in systems engineering or certification
- Experience designing or certifying complex products
- Experience developing and managing requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with FARs and ACs relevant to general aviation
- Familiarity with aerospace development best practices and standards
- Demonstrated interest in aircraft and aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.