Aircraft Wiring Technician
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking an aircraft technician to support aircraft integration, maintenance, operation, modification, and repair of a prototype electric aircraft. You will work closely with engineers to install systems and troubleshoot issues. You're a self-starter, detail-oriented, and work well both independently, and in groups.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Ability to work closely with engineers during prototype integration and testing
- Wire harness fabrication and repair
- Familiarity with aerospace wiring harness tools/equipment and best practices
- Ability to read and interpret harness drawings for harness fabrication and system troubleshooting
- Experience routing and installing wiring harnesses on aircraft
- Works well independently and in teams
- Fluent with mechanical assembly procedures
- Willing to travel with the aircraft to support ground and flight testing
- Experience working in an R&D prototype aircraft development environment
- Familiar with composite aircraft and best practices
- A&P license
- Familiar with NAVAIR 01-1A-505−1, AC43.13-1B, NASA-STD 8739.X, or equivalent
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.