Systems Safety Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of elite engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently looking for a Systems Safety Engineer. The goal of System Safety is to accurately assess risk to inform decision-making. In support of the airworthiness effort, you will work alongside design engineers across all disciplines (mechanical, electrical, structural, software, controls, systems, aerodynamics, flight test, manufacturing) and will identify hazards associated with the functions of the aircraft and support systems. You will utilize qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methods to determine the likelihood and severity of hazard. You will also flow down reliability and safety derived requirements to design engineering and flight test to appropriately mitigate risks.
- B.S. in Engineering, and at least two years of experience in systems engineering or certification
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with conducting Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Common Cause Analysis (CCA) or similar techniques
- Familiarity with typical Reliability Engineering reports (e.g. Failure Modes Effects Analysis)
- Familiarity with requirements management tools
- Prior experience applying MIL-STD-882E and/or SAE ARP 4761 System Safety Assessment techniques
- Previous design and/or flight test experience
- Experience with an aircraft development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.