Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You would help to build the world’s best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You would enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA, but you will have the option to work from our San Francisco office a few days per week when the project allows.
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification through automation
- Build custom integration between tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Polarion, etc. Includes plug-in development, Web development, configuration management, etc.
- Build out a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline used for avionics software development
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including company equity, medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer many perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.