Software Engineer, Embedded Real-Time Platforms
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Real-Time Platforms Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds our core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help build the world’s best real-time avionics software platform. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA, but you will have the option to work from our San Francisco office a few days per week when the project allows.
- Develop high-quality embedded platform code, including bootloaders, device drivers, and communication protocol stacks.
- Support real-time operating system and toolchain integration.
- Enhance embedded build scripts, development environment and maintain linker scripts.
- Bringing-up new hardware platforms and controllers.
- Write requirements, test specifications, and tests (unit tests through full integration tests).
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in developing in C on embedded systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop production embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of RTOS concepts and concurrent software design.
- Experience using highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.).
- Ability to read schematics and perform basic hardware debugging.
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation.
- ARM development experience.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language.
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools.
- Experience developing software to meet functional safety requirements (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.).
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including company equity, medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.