IT Operations Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of elite engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking an IT Operations Engineer experienced in developing IT infrastructure, with an emphasis on automation. You will be responsible for engineering and maintaining server, virtualization, networking and storage infrastructure while working with a growing IT team that emphasizes agility and efficiency. You will work alongside other engineers to imagine and realize the communications and data processing infrastructure to bring about the future of electric aviation.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn team culture and methods through our onboarding process
- Meet with members of software development teams to understand the instrumentation and data processing needs of a rapidly developing product
- Help to build out a new datacenter colo
- Learn IT procedures and develop ideas improve them
Within 6 months you will:
- Help to strengthen our internal and external network security boundaries
- Assist with the maintenance and rollout of a world-class PLM infrastructure
- Engage IT’s customers to manage changes to key services
- Strong capabilities working with Linux in an enterprise environment
- Firm grasp of enterprise network design and information security
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to independently assess risk, and to make critical decisions
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with version control (mainly git)
- Understanding of datacenter cabinet build-out and maintenance
- Exposure to Juniper Networks device configuration and maintenance
- Scripting capabilities (BASH and otherwise)
- Automation experience (munki & puppet or similar tools)
- Experience with Mac OS X and/or Windows
- Linux LDAP integration experience, including Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience administering Okta and G Suite
- A healthy sense of adventure
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter when applying.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.