Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are looking for a PLM Analyst to take technical ownership of the Teamcenter PLM system in areas of installation/upgrades, administration/configuration, performance improvements, testing, and integrations with other CAD/CAE/CAM applications. Additionally, you will be the super-user providing expertise, training, and ongoing support to all users.
· Design and implement system architecture changes for development, QA, training, and production environments
· Proactively monitor system usage and work with IT to plan and execute periodic updates to system resources
· Manage revision controlled system configuration for access controls, workflows, stylesheets, preferences, etc.
· Work with IT to develop and execute weekly system maintenance activities (database and volume backups and cleanup, etc.) and system administration utilities/scripts
· Develop a plan for evaluating system performance, establishing areas of potential improvement, and executing improvements
· Report on key performance metrics
· Create, execute, and monitor automated performance tests
· Create and manage system requirements (functional and performance) and plan verification method including creation of test cases
· Design and implement automated functional testing
· Perform impact analysis of system changes and execute related test scenarios
· Perform regression testing during system version upgrades
· Manage Teamcenter integrations to SolidWorks and Altium, and connect other CAD/CAE/CAM applications as necessary
· Manage Teamcenter integrations to other enterprise applications for ERP & MES
· Manage web-based Teamcenter administrator and user how-to guides
· Provide company-wide training sessions for Teamcenter in general, and identify user groups who need training sessions in specific areas and host training events
· Educate end-users in PLM best practices and ensure they adoptions of standardized processes and procedures
· Document end user issues, analyze the real requirements behind the problem, propose resolutions, then implement and test them
· Address user experience issues, create proposals for improvement, and review and implement changes
· Escalate issues when necessary to GTAC support and resolve issues in a timely manner
· Identify potential issues for end users and proactively work toward resolution to minimize end user impact
- 5+ years experience with Teamcenter PLM system
- Teamcenter configuration expertise for BMIDE
- Teamcenter infrastructure architecture knowledge and experience
- Thorough understanding of configuration management and document control
- Strong analytical, project and process management skills
- Excellent communication skills including effective oral, written, and presentation
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of MES & ERP systems
- An understanding of purchasing, planning, production manufacturing and R&D
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced, flexible manufacturing and R&D development environment
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Teamcenter configuration expertise for: Active Workspace, SWIM, and Altium Integration
- Certificate in configuration management
- Experience with Siemens Camstar MES software
- Experience with ERP software
- Proficiency with Google suite of apps and Microsoft Office
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.