Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are seeking a hands-on manufacturing engineer to join our team developing electric-powered aircraft. You are efficient in the office and on the shop floor. Your core responsibilities will include implementation and management of manufacturing execution systems, process development and improvement, design and development of manufacturing tooling and equipment, and assistance in DFM processes for improved quality and costs. Your additional subtasks will include part-sourcing, and hands-on assembly of parts. You will also participate in manufacturability assessments. You have extensive experience with a wide variety of assembly and manufacturing processes, automation of processes, cost analysis for outsourcing of processes, and paperless workflow systems.
- Work with technicians and design engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
- Efficiently incorporate design changes into manufacturing plans and procedures
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Purchase and implement new manufacturing equipment
- Assist with make-vs-buy analysis
- Assist with implementation and management of PLM, MES and ERP systems
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- 5 years of experience as a manufacturing engineer in a production environment, preferably in a high-volume operation and/or aerospace
- Comfortable creating new solutions to problems, as opposed to, applying tried methods
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical technologies
- Experience working with other engineers to improve the manufacturability of a product (Design for Manufacturing) while controlling cost and weight
- Proficient in the fundamentals of industrial engineering, including capacity models, technical writing, time studies, and labor cost forecasting
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing experience/certification
- Experience working with PLM and MES
- Experience using Teamcenter MPP
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.