Validation and Infrastructure Lead
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of extraordinary engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a Validation and Infrastructure Lead to join our software and avionics group, which builds our core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help build the world’s best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Build and develop a team of engineers who are responsible for ensuring that the Zee Aero avionics software is flight-ready and meets all operational requirements.
- Define and implement a validation strategy, optimized across vehicle-level, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Software-in-the-Loop, and simulation systems.
- Own the design and implementation of validation systems.
- Work with the System Engineering and Embedded Software teams to define test requirements and implement test procedures.
- Drive validation and Software Quality Assurance release activities.
- Be able to generate test results and coverage reports, and other required artifacts for certification activities.
- BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Excellent leadership, project management, and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years experience in simulation, testing, and validation of complex dynamic systems
- Proficient in Python, familiar with C/C++ embedded software development
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Familiar with build system development (Make, SCons, Bazel, etc)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Familiar with certified safety-critical software development processes (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- Familiar with requirements tools and requirements-based development/testing
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including company equity, medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer many perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.