IT Operations Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of elite engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking an IT Engineer with experience developing IT infrastructure, with an emphasis on automation. You will be responsible for engineering and maintaining server, virtualization, networking and storage infrastructure while working with a growing IT team that emphasizes agility and efficiency. You exercise good judgement, independently assess risk, and can make critical decisions.
- Strong capabilities in Mac OS X, Linux, and/or Windows
- A firm grasp of enterprise network design and information security
- Ability to move quickly in a dynamic startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with version control (mainly git)
- Exposure to Juniper Networks device configuration and maintenance
- Scripting capabilities (BASH and otherwise)
- Automation experience (munki & puppet or similar tools)
- Linux LDAP integration experience
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory capabilities
- Experience administering Okta and G Suite
- A healthy sense of adventure
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter when applying.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.